Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa Claus

It was always a tradition for my family, around Christmas time, to go out to dinner and sit on Santa's lap. Every year we would go to dinner as a family and then my sister and I would sit on Santa's lap and get our picture taken. Seriously, I had my first picture taken with Santa when I was 10 months old and the last one when I was a Freshman in college. It was something my mom could not let go of! At the time, my sister and I were a little annoyed and felt that we were a little too old to be sitting on Santa's lap, but now we have so much fun looking back at the pictures. So, of course, this is a tradition that I would like to carry on with my family. A couple of weeks ago, we went to dinner and then walked over to the mall to have Audrey's picture taken with Santa. As soon as she saw him she was unsure. The closer we got, the more unsure she became. When we placed her on his lap, as you can see in the picture, she wanted nothing to do with the bearded man in the red suit. Her cousin Kaleb was fine as long as he was sitting on the arm of Santa's chair. Abby joined Audrey in letting us know just how unhappy they were. We quickly got the picture taken and then waved "bye-bye" to Santa. What's funny is that we have been to the mall several times since this night, and Audrey can't get enough of Santa. As soon as she sees him she yells and waves, "Santa! Hi,Santa!!" Hmmm, it makes me wonder what next year's photo will look like...

Audrey sitting with Santa.


Audrey, Abby, and Kaleb sitting with Santa.

1 comment:

  1. hey there girl! i was actually at dinner at BJ's i'm assuming the night you had these pictures taken because the girls were in their sweet dresses. i didn't want to interrupt family dinner, but heavens all these kiddos are darling! the crying photos will be memories you won't forget!

    ReplyDelete