Tuesday, August 30, 2011

champion swimmers

The Jan Thomas Swim School holds a very special place in my heart! My very first job out of high school was working as a swim instructor at the Jan Thomas Swim School. Little did I know I would be returning every summer for the next 10 years!! The Jan Thomas Swim School is where I taught thousands of children how to swim, but most importantly it is where I learned to be teachable, strong, patient, professional, mature, loving, and so much more. Friendships were created that I will have for a lifetime and memories were made that will never be forgotten.


I LOVE THE JAN THOMAS SWIM SCHOOL!!!


I was so excited and thankful to return to the swim school in May to teach once again. I was very grateful when told that I could also teach my little one, Madison, how to swim at the end of my work day. Madison had no idea what Mommy was about to do...

kick, kick, kick little one!
looking for daddy to save her
not enjoying the duck ride
so much work for such a tiny thing

Becky Thomas is absolutely one of my very best friends! We have been friends now for over 15 years. She started out as a stranger who trained me in the water and taught me all I know today about swimming lessons and much, much more. Now, she is a friend, a mentor, a confidant.

We love our Becky!!

By the end of Madison's lessons, she was loving the water and swimming really well.

She even sat on the side and would lean over, falling into the water for a swim.

She loves riding on the duck...

...most of the time!

I think her favorite part was playing in the "kiddie pool" after lessons.

me and my little fishies

Becky was so nice to give Audrey a lesson while I was worked with Madison.

There was a lot of playing...

...and some actual swimming. Check out those high arms!! Audrey is swimming the freestyle on her own now.

great diver

slide ride at the end of her "lesson"

Gold medals for our champion swimmers!

Madison preferred to chew on hers.

So proud of my big girl! This is her 4th gold medal from the Jan Thomas Swim School!


No comments:

Post a Comment