Tuesday, March 6, 2012

santa ynez

Oh, how I love the beach! Especially when I am with my husband!!
For Christmas, my parents gifted us a trip to Santa Ynez for two nights. The package included a day of wine tasting and a two hour ATV ride. Childcare included.
We immediately booked our getaway for the second weekend in February.
Happy Birthday and Happy Valentines Day to us!

We extended the trip by a day and stayed with our friends in Santa Barbara, before traveling to our final destination. While in Santa Barbara, we ate a delicious Italian meal and thoroughly enjoyed adult conversation. We ate breakfast on a patio overlooking the ocean and then took a stroll to the pier to watch the sailboats.
The day that we went wine tasting was on my actual birthday. We took a drive through Solvang, stopped in at a mission, and went to three different wineries before grabbing a late lunch. That evening we celebrated together over dinner and dessert, while listening to live music. It was a perfect day with the perfect man, although I was starting to miss my girls just a little bit. On the morning of the day we were leaving, we rode ATVs for two hours through the Santa Ynez mountains. Aaron and I both had a smile on our face the entire time. We had so much fun!!the view from the highest point on the tour
thank you, mom and dad
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment