Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mani Pedi

I can remember when Audrey was born and we heard the doctor say that we were parents of a baby girl. Within hours after that moment, I thought about all the different things that I would be able to do with my daughter one day, and one of those things was being able to take her to a nail salon for a manicure and pedicure. Just before Easter, Audrey was treated to her very first manicure and pedicure!! It was such a big deal for her to be able to go with Nani, Aunty, and Mommy to get her nails and toenails painted.

Sitting in the "big chair" and ready for her turn.
Together, we sat in the "big chair" to soak our "feetsies". I rolled up Audrey's pants and she stuck both feet in the warm water, right next to Mommy's.
When Lee (the wonderful woman who has been doing my nails and toes forever) came over to begin our pedicures, Audrey showed her the pretty pink color she wanted and then sat up on my lap. She watched every little thing that Lee did and was great about sitting still, especially when it came time to keep her hands fanned out so that her nails would dry.

It was a special time for Mommy and Audrey. Everywhere we went, Audrey was showing off her pretty pink nails and toes.

Audrey, Aunty, and Nani

No comments:

Post a Comment