Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Celebrating 7 Years

On June 22nd, Aaron and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary! We can hardly believe that it has been over ten years since we first met in the lovely city of Las Vegas. After dating for two and a half years, Aaron proposed and six months later we were married. As I think back to that wonderful day when we shared our vows, I remember feeling so in love. There was no way I could possibly love Aaron more than I did at that moment. I was wrong. Over the last seven years, we have celebrated joyous occasions together and we have struggled through different trials together. There is no one else I could even imagine standing next to through it all. Aaron is a man of character, he is strong, passionate, determined, and self-disciplined. He is also gentle, loving, trustworthy, and very patient. He is my protector, my rock, my source of comfort, and my best friend. He is the one who holds me when we pray at night and he is the one who softly kisses me every morning. He is my biggest cheerleader, my best friend, and the daddy of our beautiful child. He is my husband and I absolutely love him even more now than I did the day we shared our vows. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for blessing me with Aaron. I love him so much!! May we celebrate many, many more years to come...

June 22, 2002

This year we decided to take a trip to Santa Barbara to celebrate. Neither one of us has spent much time there, and so we thought it would be fun to check it out together. We were so thankful that Nani and Papa were able to take care of Audrey for us. She had so much fun with her Nani and Papa and, of course, they loved every minute of it. We were there for four days and three nights, which is the longest we have been away from the little one. Although we missed her, we had a great time just the two of us. What was so exciting about this trip, is that Aaron planned the entire thing! I knew nothing about where we were staying or what we were doing. I was amazed at what wonderful things he had planned for us. On our way down to Santa Barbara, we went to San Simeon and took a tour of Hearst Castle. Then we headed to Pismo for lunch at Splash and a walk down to the pier. When we got to our villa in Santa Barbara, we enjoyed some complimentary cheeses and tasteful wines. During the next three days, Aaron and I took walks on the pier, up State Street, and along the ocean. He planned a day of wine tasting for the two of us, where we toured four different wineries and stopped for lunch at a golf course. One evening after dinner, we went on a special sunset cruz. Seriously, my man is amazing!! It was so nice to get away for a little bit to relax and enjoy each other. At the end of the week, we weren't quite ready to leave our beautiful, little villa in Santa Barbara. But, we knew we had a little girl to come home to. We look forward to celebrating 8 years together next year!       

The indoor pool at Hearst Castle.



We sooooooo wanted to jump in and go swimming.

Villa Rosa Inn - Santa Barbara
Our room is the farthest to the right on the bottom floor.


Foley: The first winery on our tour and where we purchased a very nice bottle of chardonnay.

 Melville: Our second stop on the tour and where we had lots of fun chatting with man doing the pouring.

Check out the grapes at this winery called Sanford.  

La Fond: Our final stop on the tour.

Look how sophisticated Aaron looks after visiting four wineries. 

Our view from the sail boat on our sunset cruise in the Santa Barbara Harbor. Perfect way to end a wonderful anniversary trip!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment